1. ON THEIR OWNSunflower seeds are typically sold with their shell intact. They are mostly eaten in their raw condition. To eat shelled sunflower seeds raw, you need to crack them apart using your teeth and spit out the shell. Please do not eat the shells are they indigestible and may damage your digestive tract.
Using your teeth to crack the shell open can be quite difficult. Here’s what you should do:
2. ROASTED/FLAVOUREDIf you like a bit of flavor in everything you eat, you will love roasted and flavored sunflower seeds! While most people like to consume salted seeds, seeds in any flavor can be considered a healthy snack.
The best flavored sunflower seeds roasted to perfection are sold here at SMACKIN' 💥 We're Minnesota-based company that sells sunflower seeds in various flavors, including cinnamon sugar, sriracha honey, garlic parmesan and more! Get your hands on their premium flavored seeds made from authentic foods and spices today!
3. IN POWDERED FORMIf you are an avid baker, try experimenting with sunflower seed powder! Grid sunflower seeds until powdered. Mix the powder with flour or use it as a substitute for flour in muffins, cakes, bread batters, and other baked goods. This will improve the nutritional value of your baked goodies significantly.
4. IN CURRIES, SALADS, AND PASTAThe best way to incorporate sunflower seeds into your diet is to add them to the dishes you make for lunch and dinner on a daily basis!
You can add sunflower seeds to any main course dish. They pair especially well with chicken curries and mixed stir-fry vegetables. You can also sprinkle them over healthy salads and plates of pasta to add extra flavor and a whole lot of nutrients.
5. IN EGGSLike your eggs crunchy? Add sunflower seeds to the batter! When making an omelet or scrambled eggs, add our kickin' dill pickle or garlic parmesan sunflower seeds to the batter. Not only will these seeds add crunchiness to your eggs, but they will introduce bursts of flavor.
6. IN BUTTERED FORMIf you have extra time on your hands and wish to experiment with sunflower seeds, you can try making sunflower seed butter. To make it, all you have to do is mix three ingredients: sunflower seeds, sea salt, and sugar. You can also add sunflower oil to make it extra creamy. Once prepared, apply it to bread or add it to your smoothies or homemade sauces.
Sunflower seeds are a wonderful source of essential nutrients that keep the heart, mind, and body healthy. Use any of our six suggested ways to incorporate sunflower seeds in your diet and enjoy a healthy and balanced life!